Cemetery Business Loans
Your Death Care Business is more than just property
Many times, a funeral business’s value exceeds its property value. Many banks struggle to offer death care businesses the financing sought to start or acquire an existing cemetery business.
Johnson Consulting Group will work with you to put a loan or finance package together that will educate lenders on the cash flow potential of cemetery businesses.
We have developed a cemetery business loan and financing program that helps qualified buyers and existing owners find financing for:
- Cemetery Acquisitions
- Expansion of Cemeteries
- Partner buy-outs
Our objective is to work with the buyer to find a cemetery business loan that will serve the interests of all the parties involved.
Need a Loan?
Click here to contact our loan specialists today!
Experienced in Underwriting Cemetery Business Loans and Financing
We complete a thorough cemetery business loan package and submit it to the best possible lender for your specific needs. With over 100 years of experience working with small business owners you can trust us to be your partner through this life-changing decision.
Our Cemetery Business Loan Process
Our many bank relationships allow us to understand the best method to submit a thorough cemetery business loan application in today’s tough credit market. We will educate you on the process, the forms that must be completed and the financials that most banks will require in order to set you apart from the other applicants. Incomplete packages equal loan denials; make sure you know what is needed!
Many or One Lender?
We feel that the best way to secure favorable funeral home business financing is to create a comprehensive loan package and show the request to multiple lenders and banks nationwide. By doing this, we not only increase our success rate for our funeral home clients, we also secure them the best loan or financing possible!
How Long is the Financing Process?
In most instances, the banks and lenders we have relationships with are able to fund a cemetery business transaction in as little as 45 days; however, this will depend on each lender’s due diligence and underwriting requirements. The length of the process will also be determined by the borrower; the quicker the borrower is able to provide the necessary document requests and necessary loan applications, the quicker the loan will be able to be funded.
Banks are looking at each borrower with tougher guidelines than ever before, make sure you know the following prior to the loan processes:
- Know Your Credit Score – This is not the main determination of approval for you loan; however, it can have a negative effect if your score is low.
- Have your personal finances in order – No bankruptcies in the past seven years and personal bills paid on time.
- Down Payment Cash – The down payment can come in several forms such as: personal cash, seller financing or cashing out equity in your personal property. Most banks will require a 10% to 25% down payment.
- Have realistic expectations on what the business and real estate is worth – Lenders do look at the value of the real estate; however, they will determine the loan amount based off of the amount of EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization) or free cash flow the business has to pay back the loan.
- Strong Industry Experience – This is a qualification that 90% or more of all banks look for.
Types Of Loans Sourcing Available
- Cash Flow Based Loans
- Cash Flow & Real Estate Based Loans
Why Use Johnson Consulting’s Business Loan Services?
Be prepared with a complete cemetery business loan submission package which will save you from being denied financing due to incomplete paperwork submission.
- We submit to banks on a national level
- Relationships with SBA lenders and cash flow based lenders
- Experts in funeral business cash flow and current market values
- Open and honest conversations at the start regarding the likelihood of receiving a loan under your circumstances
- Experienced in underwriting multi-million dollar funeral business loans for large lenders
If you have the desire to own a cemetery business, or are thinking about your retirement from the profession, we have the resources and the commitment to help. Many members of the Johnson Consulting staff are also licensed cemetery professionals and understand the importance of finding the right financing. We are here to help you through the entire process: From loan submission, to funding and all the way through to closing. Additionally, Johnson Consulting Group also has the tools to help you succeed.